- From the File menu, at the top left, click on Add Account.
- Select the option "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and then click Next.
- Leave the "Internet e-mail" option checked and click Next.
- In the "Internet e-mail settings" Internet window, you must fill in the fields as follows.
NOTE: Email Client Settings can be found in cPanel: cPanel E-Mail settings for configuring the e-mail client
- Your name: The name that appears when sending emails.
- Email address: The email address for which the account is set up.
- Account Type: IMAP is recommended.
- Incoming mail server: mail.example.ro (to be filled in with mail.the domain name to which the e-mail address belongs)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.example.ro (to be filled in with mail. the domain name to which the e-mail address belongs)
- Username: The email address for which the account is set up
NOTE: “Save Password” and “Require Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” must be checked.
- Once all the information has been filled in, the "More settings" button will become active. Click on "More settings".
- In the following window, navigate to the Advanced tab and fill in the fields as follows:
- Incoming server (IMAP): The port must be 993, with SSL encryption
- Outgoing server (SMTP): The port must be 465, with SSL encryption
NOTE: If the outgoing server was set to POP3 in the previous step, its port must be set to 995, with SSL encryption
- After filling in the fields, click OK to return to the "Internet e-mail settings" window.
- In the "Internet Email Settings" window, click Next. Outlook will perform a test, and if the settings have been made properly, it should provide the Completed result.
- Click "Close" and then "Finish" in the next window to confirm your email account setting.
For more information on reliable hosting and the services we offer, please visit our homepage.
Please sign in to leave a comment.